Flynn’s Diner is a fast-casual restaurant with a retro theme of the 1950’s serving burgers, sandwiches & ice-cream.
6600 Penn Ave S
Richfield, MN 55423
What will I be doing?
As a pastry chef, you will be responsible for ordering kitchen supplies and producing all forms of baked foods in line with the discretion of the management. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Reporting to work as scheduled in uniform and ready to be in position
- Preparing menu items for dessert
- Preparing baked foods, such as cookies, brownies alongside pastries, ice cream, custards etc
- Decorating baked foods and cookies in accordance with the organization’s requirements
- Tasting all products produced to ensure quality
- Notifying the Manager of all product shortages and equipment maintenance issues.
- Scheduling production of all baked goods to maintain an inventory of fresh baked goods at all times.
- Purchasing and stocking all baking materials for the kitchen
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen space
- Monitoring and maintaining all pastry, ice cream and baking department equipment
- Researching developments and emerging pastry making ideas to improve on the organization’s profit making
- Researching and also developing recipes
- Liaising with ingredient suppliers and choose carefully the ingredients required for baking needs
What are we looking for?
We are looking for employees who work well with others, and who are committed to providing excellent food quality and service. We are a scratch kitchen, so experience and/or desire to work with fresh food and ingredients is important to us.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour